1. What is Vent Haven Museum?
Vent Haven is the world's only museum dedicated to ventriloquism. The museum is in Fort Mitchell, Kentucky, just five miles south of Cincinnati, Ohio.
2. When is the museum open, and how can I schedule a tour?
The museum is open by appointment only from June 1 through October 15. For more information, visit this link.
3. What do I need to know before visiting the museum?
We hope you will find a visit to Vent Haven Museum to be an enjoyable one. In order to maximize your enjoyment of the museum, please keep the following in mind:
The museum is open by appointment only with the exception of announced events. At least 48 hours advanced notice is suggested in order to schedule a tour. Please be aware that even then some tour times may not be available. The museum is typically not open on holidays.
The museum does not have public restrooms and has only limited handicapped accessibility.
NON-flash photography for personal, non-commercial use only is allowed during tours. No flash photography or videotaping please. Filming or photography for any other use must be approved in advance by the Vent Haven Museum Board of Directors.
Due to ongoing worldwide COVID-19 pandemic, there will be no hands-on exhibits during the 2020 season. Parents may want to consider if children under age seven are old enough to enjoy the museum.
All tours are guided and last approximately 45 to 90 minutes, depending on the interest of the visitor. The tour does not include a performance by a ventriloquist.
4. How do I get to the museum?
Detailed directions can be found by clicking this link.
5. I don't want to schedule a full, guided tour. Can I just take a quick peek into the museum?
Due to the nature of the museum, this is not a possibility.
6. I know that you're closed October 1 through April 30, but that's the only time I'm in town. Is it possible to schedule a tour off season?
Sadly, no. During the off season, the buildings are not prepared for tourists. Maintenance inside of the buildings is ongoing during this time, and parts of the display area are used for storage during the off season.
7. How much does it cost, and how can I pay for my tour?
We suggest a $10 minimum donation per person. Visitors can pay with cash, check, or credit card.
8. How can I find out more about the annual Vent Haven Ventriloquist ConVENTion?
Visit venthavenconvention.com for more information about our annual convention.
9. I have a dummy (or some other piece of ventriloquism ephemera). Do you know how much it's worth, and will you buy it?
Contact the curator at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include photos. The curator can give you general information about your items and/or put you in contact with a certified appraiser.
Vent Haven Museum does not purchase items for its collection. Please consider donating your items to the museum to preserve provenance and to allow the public to see more of the history of this ancient art. For more information, visit this page.
10. My question isn't answered here. How do I contact the museum to ask my question?
You can email the curator at email@example.com